Little Switzerland United States & The Million Dollar Highway
Samantha Lyn Samuelson
- Title: Little Switzerland United States & The Million Dollar Highway
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Uncompahgre National Forest
- Nearest Town: Ouray
- Brief Directions: Highway 550
- Description: Love the blue sky, deep canyons, hot springs, box canyon, quaint buildings and charm of Ouray. Definitely one of My Favorite Places. The Million Dollar Highway (million dollars was lots of money when the highway was built) is a real cliff hanger with breath-taking scenery. The scenic highway goes over Red Mountain Pass at 11,018 ft. The highway connects the mountain towns of Silverton and Ouray. Both towns mining history lingers today in the buildings and "remnants left behind". Mount Abrahms shown in image is 12,810 ft.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 602 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!