Columbine And Wildflowers In High Altitude Basin
- Title: Columbine And Wildflowers In High Altitude Basin
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Juan National Forest
- Nearest Town: Silverton
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Summer in the mountains of Colorado means it's WILDFLOWER SEASON. the snows have usually melted by July 20th, and the wilds begin their display above 10,000 feet. I love to visit high altitude basins and explore the state flower, the Colorado Columbine. Often a challenge photographically, Columbine is like photographing a watermelon on a popsicle stick. The flowers easily blow in the wind of high altitude, so each summer I challenge myself to get the best image I can while hiking in the mountains. My vantage point is often "low" in order to include distant mountains and high ridge lines.
- Gear: Nikon D5100, Nikon 16-85mm lens, Manfrotto CF tripod, Benro ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 185 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!