- Title: Truly Colorado
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sourhwest Colorado
- Nearest Town: Ridgway
- Brief Directions: From Gunnison, Colorado head west on highway 50 to Montrose. Turn south on highway 550 to Ridgway. From Ridgway there are several unpaved roads that lead to spectacular vistas of the Sneffels Range.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This sunrise shot of the Sneffels Range in southwestern Colorado nearly did not get taken. The day before the light was terrible with dark,gray rainclouds that led to a heavy downpour that night. When I left the cabin there was still a thick cloud cover and rain was falling. The unpaved road up to this site was slick and treacherous and required 4 wheel drive. When I got there the situation did not look promising, but after an hour or so the cloud cover began breaking up and the heavy downpour had left a beautiful coating of fresh snow on the mountains.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikon 70-200mm, Gitzo tripod, Singh Raye Grad Neutral Density filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 106 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!