Stalking Greenback Cutthroat Trout
- Title: Stalking Greenback Cutthroat Trout
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Rocky Mountain National Park
- Nearest Town: Estes Park, CO
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Spruce Lake was five miles in and up the mountains to 9600 feet elevations, but it was absolutely worth the effort. The scenary was incredible and the the 10-12 inch greenback cutthroats were voracious. Almost every cast of the caddis dry fly resulted in catching one of the the most beautiful trout you can catch. My two friends and I experienced incredible action as we caught and released dozen of fish. In this scene, my friend stays low and uses the rock to hide his body so as not to spook the fish. Castle Rock looms high in the background.
- Gear: Canon Digital Rebel
This Photo Has Been Viewed 60 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!