- Title: Layers
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Great Sand Dunes National Park
- Nearest Town: Alamosa
- Brief Directions: South of Salida, Colorado and then east to the Great Sand Dunes National Park.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Our drought conditions account for less snowfall in the Sangre de Cristo mountains, so to finally make it to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and see a dusting of snow still in the crevices of these mountains was incredible. The sun was nearly gone and just touched the tops of the dunes, but there was just enough light to see the chinese walls that are created at the top of the dunes.
- Gear: Nikon D90, Manfrotto Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 89 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!