Out With The Old In With The New
- Title: Out With The Old In With The New
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: White River National Forest
- Nearest Town: Aspen
- Brief Directions: Take Maroon Creek Road off Colorado Highway 82, after you enter into White River National Forest you will see many of the avalanche chutes on the north facing mountains off to your left as you drive up toward the Maroon Bells.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Along Maroon Creek there are numerous avalanche chutes were avalanches from years ago have rumbled down the steep slopes toward the Maroon Creek overcoming everything in their path. Much wider at the bottom than the top, they widen much like the opening of a hand fan. This image shows new growth aspens to the left in the area cleared by this overwhelming force of nature while to the right those aspens and evergreens that survived live on.
- Gear: Nikon D800 Nikkor 70-300 f/4
This Photo Has Been Viewed 82 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!