Reflections Of Fall
- Title: Reflections Of Fall
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Snowmass Wilderness Area near Aspen, CO
- Nearest Town: Snowmass/Aspen
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Arriving at the lake before sunrise, little did I know this area would be closed later that day for the government shutdown. It is advantageous to arrive early to secure a spot on this iconic lake before the sun rises. It was a spectacular sunrise as the peaks had a hint of sun and the aspens came alive as the rays moved its way down the mountainside! I hiked around this area taking in the beauty surrounding me. As I headed out of the park, I was a little perplexed that the parking lot was almost empty, especially given the time of year. As I made my way out of the park, I saw several pedestrians and bikers and wondered why the foot traffic! It wasn't until I reached the gate below that I was told the park had been closed indefinitely for the shutdown. I sure was feeling grateful to have arrived that morning!!
- Gear: Canon 6D, Canon 24-105 mm L lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 708 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!