- Title: Landing Eagle
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Denver
- Nearest Town: Commerce City
- Brief Directions: From Denver, take I-70 east to the Northfield/Quebec exit. Follow Quebec Street north to Prairie Parkway and turn right. Follow the signs to the refuge.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge, located in Commerce City, Colo., is the largest urban refuge in the National Wildlife System in the U.S. Nowhere else can you get the vastness of open prairie with views of the Front Range and the Denver skyline. And the refuge is loaded with a wide variety of wildlife to boot. The refuge was actually established as a result of the discovery of a nesting pair of bald eagles. Today there is still a nesting pair of eagles along with dozens that visit during the winter months.
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikon 200-400mm lens, bean bag
This Photo Has Been Viewed 102 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!