- Title: Now And Then
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Denver
- Nearest Town: Commerce City
- Brief Directions: From Denver take I-70 east to the Northfield/Quebec exit. Follow Quebec St. north to Prairie Parkway and turn right. Follow the signs for the refuge.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge, located in Commerce City, Colo., is the largest refuge in the National Wildlife System in the U.S. Nowhere else can you get the vastness of open prairie with views of the Front Range and the Denver skyline. And the refuge is loaded with a wide variety of wildlife to boot. The eastern plains of Colorado used to have thousands of bison roaming the open prairie. Today most of the bison in Colorado are on private land or managed in small herds by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. A herd of just under 100 lives at Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge thanks to a successful reintroduction program.
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikon 500mm f4 lens, 2.0 teleconverter, bean bag
This Photo Has Been Viewed 83 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!