Breakfast Table For The Merlin
- Title: Breakfast Table For The Merlin
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Denver
- Nearest Town: Commerce City
- Brief Directions: From Denver, take I-70 east to the Northfield/Quebec exit. Follow Quebec St. north and turn right onto Prairie Parkway. Follow the signs for the refuge.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge, located in Commerce City, Colo., is the largest urban refuge in the National Wildlife System in the U.S. Nowhere else can you get the vastness of open prairie with views of the Front Range and the Denver skyline. And the refuge is loaded with a wide variety of wildlife to boot. Many raptors hunt at the refuge with different birds of prey in different seasons. During the winter months, bald eagles, ferruginous hawks and prairie merlins are frequent visitors in the area. Keep an eye out for the merlins catching birds close to their size as meals.
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikon 200-400mm lens, bean bag
This Photo Has Been Viewed 53 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!