- Title: Getting Along
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Denver
- Nearest Town: Commerce City
- Brief Directions: From Denver, take I-70 east to the Northfield/Quebec exit. Follow Quebec Street north and turn right onto Prairie Parkway. Follow the signs for the refuge.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge, located in Commerce City, Colo., is the largest urban refuge in the National Wildlife System in the U.S. Nowhere else can you get the vastness of open prairie with views of the Front Range and the Denver skyline. And the refuge is loaded with a wide variety of wildlife to boot. It is one of the few places in Colorado where you can see white-tailed and mule deer, and if lucky, get them in the same photograph.
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikon 200-400mm lens, bean bag
This Photo Has Been Viewed 166 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!