Time Machine At 13,000'
- Title: Time Machine At 13,000'
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Idaho Springs
- Brief Directions: From Idao Springs, take HWY 103 south to HWY 5. HWY 5 takes you to the summit.
- Notes: Manual Exposure, Manual Focus on 18 ft (near hyperfocal). ISO 400. 300 second exposure at f/5.6.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I've known of this particular bristlecone pine tree for over a year and scouted this location last summer. I planned the star trails pretty thoroughly, using software to determine moonset and sunrise times for best exposure. This is a compsite of 14 images stacked together in Photoshop CS5 Extended, some sharpening, and some hue/saturation work to bring some of the blue out of the sky.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 18-200 SF-S f/3.5-5.6 VR, MBD10, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 315 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!