- Title: Mt Evans
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: State highway 103
- Nearest Town: Idaho Springs, Colorado
- Brief Directions: Head west out of Denver 34 miles on I-70 to Idaho Springs and take the Mt. Evans exit (#240). 15 miles south on 103 to the pay station and then 15 miles to the summit.
- Notes: Drive the world's highest paved road to the summit at 14,240 feet. Take time along the way to photograph mountain goats, bighorn sheep, Summit Lake, Echo Lake, wildflowers, bristlecone pines or sunrise/sunset.
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Long glass, warm clothing
This Photo Has Been Viewed 977 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!