Rocky Mountain National Park
- Title: Rocky Mountain National Park
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: US 36
- Nearest Town: Estes Park
- Brief Directions: From I25, head west on Hwy 66 to US 36. Or head west on US 34.
- Notes: Fall is my favorite time due to the color change in the aspens, and the elk rut. One can hike throughout the park virtually any time of the year, although from late October through mid-June, snowshoes are typically required at higher elevations. Elk are abundant throughout the park, and moose are best seen on the west side of the park. Some have been observed in the Copeland Lake area, but this is rare. Waterfalls, high-country lakes, and grand vistas await the visitor.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: Wide angle to super telephoto
This Photo Has Been Viewed 292 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!