Approaching Storm / Colorado National Monument
Bob Simari / Baldwin, New York
- Title: Approaching Storm / Colorado National Monument
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Interstate 70 / SR 340
- Nearest Town: Grand Junction
- Brief Directions: Enter the park by exiting I 70 at Grand Junction and take SR 340 to the park entrance. Take the park drive south to the Monument Canyon overlook.
- Notes: It was a stormy day in mid fall, the rain kept most people from driving thru the park, but I kept hoping for the boring clouds to either clear or become more dramatic. Persistence paid off when black storm clouds began to develop in the distance providing a very dramatic backdrop to the beautiful rock formations overlooking Monument Canyon. A tripod and wide angle lens were all I needed from that point on. Nikon F100/17-35 f 2.8 Nikkor zoom lens at appx 20mm. Fuji Velvia 50/scanned on Minolta Dimage Elite 5400 scanner/converted to black and white and minor dodging and burning in Photoshop CS2.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: A decent pair of hiking boots, a sense of adventure and a willin
This Photo Has Been Viewed 338 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!