Running Stream At Hanging Lake
- Title: Running Stream At Hanging Lake
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Glenwood Springs
- Brief Directions: I-70 to the Hanging Lake picnic area approximately 5 miles east of Glenwood Springs. From the parking lot, take the 1.2 mile trail that climbs 1,020 feet to Hanging Lake.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Spring runoff feeds the numerous rivulets running down the stream to the Colorado River. Later, in summer, only the best fed will still run, and only at a fraction of their spring pace. This is only one of dozens of opportunities along the Hanging Lake trail to stop and take long shutter exposures for milky water.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-f/5.6, tripod, RRS ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 227 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!