Spring Cycling To Crested Butte
- Title: Spring Cycling To Crested Butte
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Gunnison National Park
- Nearest Town: Crested Butte
- Brief Directions: By car, drive the scenic 4 hours from Denver to Gunnison, CO. Head up CO 135 towards Crested Butte as early as you can to capture some breathtaking high mountain meadow scenes.
- Notes: Cycling on Colorado roads is a rewarding way to see beautiful country. Talk to locals about the best bicycle-friendly routes, obey all traffic laws, and ride safe.
- GPS Longitude: -106.86804538
- GPS Latitude: 38.775495
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Spring riding in Crested Butte means early June. Our 4-person group did a 350 mile multi-day self-supported ride in 2011 that included a fantastic side trip up the road to Crested Butte, CO. As you get closer to town, Mt. Crested Butte appears at the head of the valley you are climbing as the perfect backdrop to the high mountain meadows. The camera is a perfect excuse to take a rest from the climb, with the added benefit of providing this terrific souvenir of our trip.
- Gear: Canon EOS Rebel XT, Tamron 17-55 f/2.8, handheld 43mm, f/6, 1/500, ISO200
This Photo Has Been Viewed 279 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!