Wilkerson Pass Moonset
- Title: Wilkerson Pass Moonset
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Wilkerson Pass
- Nearest Town: Hartsel
- Brief Directions: Take highway 24 west from Colorado Springs to Wilkerson Pass. Just west of the pass there is a large area on the south side of the road where you can set up your shot.
- Notes: This is a two-shot panorama on Velvia, scanned with an Epson 4870 and stitched with Panorama Maker software. Use your Farmer's Almanac to know the best days for shots of the moonset at sunrise! A split neutral density filter was not required because the moon loses brightness as it drops into the haze (no filters were used).
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The full moon fades into the distant haze just before sunrise at Wilkerson Pass, Colorado.
- Gear: Nikon N65 with Nikkor ED 70-300mm zoom
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1343 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!