Pikes Peak Autumn Pre-dawn
- Title: Pikes Peak Autumn Pre-dawn
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Rampart Range
- Nearest Town: Woodland Park
- Brief Directions: From highway 24, take Baldwin St. at McDonald's and drive north through town until you see the sign directing you to the right to Rampart Range Road. Proceed up Rampart Range Road several miles and turn right where the pavement ends. Continue along the gravel road until you find your shot! There are many along this road!
- Notes: Plan to arrive well before sunrise to set up and capture the pre-dawn light! Use a Farmer's Almanac for sunrise time. Don't pack up, though, until you capture the alpenglow on Pikes Peak at sunrise!
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Quaking aspen glow in pre-dawn light of early October 2008 along Rampart Range Road northeast of Woodland Park, Colorado.
- Gear: Canon Rebl XTi with Canon 70-200mm L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 808 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!