Where In The Usa Is This?
- Title: Where In The Usa Is This?
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Luis Valley
- Nearest Town: Alamosa
- Brief Directions: South from Co Springs Rt 25, exit Walsenburg, go west on 160 then north on 150. It's much prettier to go over thru Salida and down 17 to Alamosa, but much more time consuming.
- Notes: Weather can really catch you off guard. Be prepared for rain and lightning and also really hot conditions in the summer.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Tallest dunes in USA reside on 84,670 acres in the Sangre de Cristo Range in south central Colorado. They rise 750 feet from the valley floor.
- Gear: Nikon D200, 80-200mm lens, Bogen tripod, lots of water!!
This Photo Has Been Viewed 771 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!