Great Sand Dunes
- Title: Great Sand Dunes
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Luis Valley
- Nearest Town: Alamosa
- Brief Directions: From Colorado Springs the quickest way is south on I25, exit Walsenburg going west on 160 then north on 150.
- Notes: The weather can be very dramatic and quick changing. Be prepared for lightning and rain to pass thru at any given moment.
Also, bring lots of water. It gets really hot in the summer.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: These sand dunes, in south central Colorado, are the tallest sand dunes in the USA. They rise 750 feet from the valley floor and encompass 39 square miles.
- Gear: Nikon D700, 28-105 Nikkor lens, Bogen tripod, long pants, great hiking boots and lots of water
This Photo Has Been Viewed 2674 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!