Walking The High Country
- Title: Walking The High Country
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mt. Evans
- Nearest Town: Idaho Springs
- Brief Directions: From Denver travel 37 miles west on I70 to Idaho Springs. From Idaho Springs travel 13 miles south on County Road 103 to County Road 5. Turn right on CR5 and travel 15 miles to the top of Mt. Evans.
- Notes: Even in the summer time it can be cold on the top of Mt. Evans so bring warm clothing. Also don't crowd the goats. If you give them their space they can be very tolerant of people.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Mt Evans is a 14,000 peak you can drive to the very top. At the top of the mountain there is a herd of Mt. Goats. They are very beautiful animals and there are lots of opportunities to capture great poses and expressions with most excellent light and backgrounds.
- Gear: Tripod, Tele-zoom, Warm Clothing
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1806 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!