Indian Peaks Wilderness
- Title: Indian Peaks Wilderness
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Highway 72
- Nearest Town: Ward
- Brief Directions: From Denver lots of ways, 119 (Canyon boulevard) to Nederland. or Highway 58 through Black Hawk to Nederland. north out of Nederland on Highway 72 to Ward. on the North side of Ward is a left turn onto a county road (signed as Brainard Lake Recreation Area). Follow the road to the western end of the lake, then follow the signs to the Long Lake Trail Head
- Notes: Several 12,000 and 13,000 foot peaks that are heavily glaciated. Very crowded in Summer so it's best to go in Spring, be prepared for cold weather though because snow lasts until late June down at Brainard Lake.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Lot's of Hiking opportunities so plenty of hiking supplies, bri
This Photo Has Been Viewed 271 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!