Peak Of Fall
- Title: Peak Of Fall
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: SW Colorado
- Nearest Town: Ridgway
- Brief Directions: From the town of Ridgway, Colorado take County Rd.5 up to the many viewpoints that can be viewed from the road side.
- Notes: County Rd 5 is well graded for most of the way, but if there has been rain and/or snow it may require 4 wheel drive. Be aware that much of the land adjoining the road is private property. Please be respectful of the land owners.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This photo was taken from a county road outside of Ridgway, CO near Telluride and Ouray. The night before delivered continuous rain and the morning was only sighty more promising, but I knew that the tail end of storms could bring dramatic light. After a challenging 4 wheel drive on the muddy county road and an half an hour wait, the clouds broke up and this is the result.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 70-200 VR, Gitzo Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 264 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!