- Title: Early Snow
- State/Province/Region: Connecticut
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Burr Pond SP
- Nearest Town: Torrington
- Brief Directions: On Burr Mountain Rd, 1/2 mile west of Wintsed Road in Torrington, CT.
- Notes: The main park area is sometimes closed but free parking is available at the boat launch area about 100 yds past the park entrance. Year-round photo opportunities. If you arrive in spring or after a heavy rain, Burr Mountain Rd will lead you past a spectacular 40-ft cascade waterfall and past the ruins of Gail Borden's condensed milk factory, the first condensed milk factory in the world.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Often in CT the snow is so long in coming that the lakes and ponds have been frozen over. On occasion, however, we get lucky and have a few times to have snow while the water is still open, This was one of those times - an early December snow. Knowing ahead of time of some good locations, I grabbed my gear and headed out to the small boat launch area at the nearby state park. This was one of my favorites of many that day.
- Gear: Canon XTi, Canon EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 373 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!