Sunrise Over The Cherry Blossoms
- Title: Sunrise Over The Cherry Blossoms
- State/Province/Region: Washington D.C.
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Washington D.C.
- Notes: I have worked in D.C. for the past 9 years, but have only just begun to photographing all that this great city has to offer. As a primarily landscape photographer, I have found D.C. to be very peaceful during sunrise and sunset. A normally busy and loud city during business hours, is amazingly calm during sunrise and sunset, as the majority of the people have yet to arrive or have left for the day. On this particular day, the world famous cherry blossoms were in peak bloom and the Tidal Basin was strangely calm despite the hoards of shutter bugs swarming to get their shots of this rare occasion. I combined 6 vertical shots in Photoshop, and adjusted for highlights, shadows, tones, contrast and clarity in Lightroom.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: A rare moment in the District of Columbia. A beautiful, quiet, peaceful sunrise over the peak bloom of the famous cherry blossoms. A 6 shot panoramic stitched together in Photoshop, and edited in Lightroom 5.0.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, 16-35 f/2.8II, 3 Stop ND Grad, Hejnar Nodal Rail, Benro Tripod and Ball Head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 331 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!