Ft. Pickens - Snowy Egret
- Title: Ft. Pickens - Snowy Egret
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Pensacola Beach
- Nearest Town: Gulf Breeze
- Brief Directions: Head east on Fort Pickens Road from Pensacola Beach. It's the only east-west road on the eastern end of island.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The road into Fort Pickens reopened on Memorial Day Weekend after being closed by Hurricanes Ivan (2004) and Hurricane Dennis (2005) and a few tropical storms in 2005. Wildlife, such as the snowy egret shown, took over the road way areas. This photo, and the other of the blue heron, were taken in a "drive-by shooting" from the car.
- Gear: Canon XTi camera, 100-400mm L Series lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 892 times
, Sun & Sky
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!