Shark Valley, Everglades Nat'l Park
Isabel C Rodriguez
- Title: Shark Valley, Everglades Nat'l Park
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: US41
- Nearest Town: Miami
- Brief Directions: US41 , about 26 miles west of the Florida Turnpike, exit SW 8 St (aka- US41, aka Tamiami Trail)
- Notes: If you're tired of all those beautiful mountains, snow and picture perfect red rock parks...During months of JAN/FEB, best times, best weather. The most beautiful, active birds and alligators can be viewed at close range. They're used to people, and most give a great show to photograph, if you know the common behaviors. Nests are abundant, and there are over 20 species of birds on the paved bike trail. But most of the activity is found within 100 ft. of the visitors center and entrance. NOT to be missed on a trip to Miami. I've been photographing birds here for the last 5 years, and with every visit I learn something new, observe new behavior, or see a "new" bird or variety of the usual birds. Never a dull moment.
- Best Season: Winter
- Gear: Camera, good ZOOM lens 300mm or better, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 594 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!