Sailing Into The Sunset
- Title: Sailing Into The Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Homestead & Miami, Florida
- Nearest Town: Key West
- Brief Directions: Key West is 128 miles south of Homestead, Florida at the end of U.S. 1, the Overseas Highway.
- Notes: Lens set at 250mm, ISO 100, f/6.3, 1/180s
- GPS Longitude: 81.7828
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I took this photo from the ever popular Mallory Square in downtown Key West. I couldn't get right up to the rail along the sidewalk because of a row of people standing in front of me, and there were too many people moving around me to safely use a tripod, so this is a hand-held shot (thanks to an optically stabilized lens). This is the best of a number of shots that I took that evening. Everything fell into place compositionally as I patiently waited for this ship to move into position and for others to move out of the way.
- Gear: Sigma SD14 DSLR, Sigma 18-250mm OS lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 124 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!