- Title: "i Don't Like You"
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Gator Alley
- Nearest Town: Deland, Florida
- Brief Directions: South west of Deland, Florida to Saint John's River. Go South on the Saint Johns river to what the locals call Gator Alley. There must be a hundred of those in Florida.
- Notes: My first passion is landscape photography. I find that I improve my landscape photography from breaking away from it sometimes. I get fixated on the aperture settings while taking landscape photographs. Like most Landscape Photographers I see my share of wildlife. Of course wild life is a great element in landscapes. Reaction time is critical in wildlife photography. There is no time to think. You need to dial it in as quick as possible. Speed becomes the primary setting. Just like landscapes practice makes perfect
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: An alligator resting on the shore line along the Saint John's River, Florida, April 27, 2013. The shot was taken in light I usually don't work in. It was well past the golden hour. Alligator's at this time of year tend to sun on the banks later in the day. I had a pontoon boat which provided a very stable platform. It also had a shallow draft so I was able to get in close. The trick, much like with any wild life, was to sneak up as quietly as possible. I wanted to get the sun between myself and the alligator so it would have trouble seeing me. I also wanted to be in a position to have the light behind me at about 4 - 5 o'clock angle for better light. I had my Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS with me for the occasion.
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, Hoya polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 258 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!