Florida Beach Palm Coast Rocky Coquina Shoreline
- Title: Florida Beach Palm Coast Rocky Coquina Shoreline
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: St. Augustine
- Nearest Town: Marineland
- Brief Directions: Take Florida A1A from St. Augustine
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Washington Oaks State Park in Flagler County, Florida is divided into two parts: a garden area and a beach area. The beach area is known for its large grouping of coquina rocks which are reportedly one of the largest groupings in the state. Coquina rock, I've learned, is a concrete-like rock that is formed from the calcium carbonate of shells. A website I was reading quoted this area as having three distinct zones: the black zone higher up on the beach near the dunes; the yellow zone that is both out of the water and in the water depending on tides; and the green zone which is only seen at low tide and features some neat colorful algae.
- Gear: Nikon D700, Nikkor 17-35mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 43 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!