Blackpoint Wildlife Drive
- Title: Blackpoint Wildlife Drive
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: A Max Brewer Memorial Parkway
- Nearest Town: Titusville
- Brief Directions: Take Exit 220 off of I-95 and turn east onto SR406 (Garden St.). 406 turns into 402 which is A Max Brewer Memorial Parkway.
- Notes: This place is ridiculous in Jan-Mar if you like wading birds, raptors, songbirds, gators, or landscapes. You might find 50 shooters in a 200 yard stretch at times, but there is plenty to go around. This is a drive where you can just park your ride and shoot. The drive follows a canal that gets almost too full of wading birds in places. It really is tough to get a good shot with a clean background sometimes because there are so many birds! It is a spectacle not to be missed. You'll get enough bird shots in a single morning to fill a magazine! Then, don't forget about 7-10' alligators within 20'(on the opposite shore), the Bald Eagles and Ospreys, and the occasional Wild Boar. Please respect this gem by driving slow and remembering that you are not the only one out there! Thanks, and enjoy!
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Long lense and sometimes a jacket for sunrise. Leave your ball-
This Photo Has Been Viewed 548 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!