St Augustine Alligator Farm And Zoological Park
- Title: St Augustine Alligator Farm And Zoological Park
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: US1
- Nearest Town: St Augustine or Jacksonville
- Brief Directions: Located on US1 at Anastasia Blvd.
- Notes: Do not be fooled by the name. Its a hidden treasure for bird/wildlife photography. Even in summer, we spotted several bird nests and many varieties of our Everglades birds. Enter the "swamp" boardwalk, and you are in the middle of Everglades Swamp-like habitat. Alligators in the waters below, and birds in trees all around. We spotted Roseate Spoonbills, Woodstorks, Green Herons, Night Herons, Tricolor Herons, Cattle Egrets, Little Blue herons, Great Egrets, Vultures...all in the trees even in HOT summer weather, and there were hundreds. In late fall/winter season, there are several hundreds of birds and babies in the nests. All around you, close enough to touch, but please do not disturb nesting birds! You will not be disappointed here! Oh and don't forget the hundreds of alligators and crocodiles! All sizes, large/small and wide too! There's also a feeding show with the gators. Plan to spend at least 2-3 hours here!
- Best Season: Winter
- Gear: Zoom Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 737 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!