Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Title: Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: I-95
- Nearest Town: Titusville, FL
- Brief Directions: From Orlando take SR-528 to I-95 North. Exit on HWY 406 and go right, this will take you int the refuge.
- Notes: This is my favorite location to photograph birds. You will see a large variety of egrets, herons, shore birds and birds of prey. In the spring you will see the largest grouping of birds, but my favorite time is in the fall. In the spring and summer it is harder to get clear views of the birds due to all the plant life along the shore. When the plant life thins out a little in the fall and winter it is easier to get clear views of the birds withot disturbing them. A good window mount for your lens is a good idea. this allows you to shoot from your vehicle without spooking the birds and wildlife.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: Telephoto Lens 300mm or longer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 699 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!