Davidson/arabia Mountain Nature Preserve
- Title: Davidson/arabia Mountain Nature Preserve
- State/Province/Region: Georgia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Interstate 20
- Nearest Town: Lithonia, Ga suburb of Atlanta, Ga.
- Brief Directions: I 20 East from Atlanta, Exit Evans Mill Rd follow signs to Davidson Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve
- Notes: Davidson Arabia Mountain is an example of a Granitic Outcrop similar to Stone Mountain Georgia which is much better known but has recieved tremendous impact. The mountain is a mini desert in the middle of Georgia Piedmont. The solution pits on the mountain are oasis of life containing a huge array of wildflowers from Confederate Daisies in the Fall to Diamorpha, the small red plant that fills the pits in the Spring. Both Spring and Fall are excellent for photographing at Davidson Arabia Mountain. The area is within a short distance of a shopping mall, has a long history of being quarried but it still remains an amazing natural landscape.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Tripod, close up, macro equipment
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1295 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!