Mauna Kea & Resevoir
- Title: Mauna Kea & Resevoir
- State/Province/Region: Hawaii
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mamalahoa Hwy
- Nearest Town: Waimea, (Kamuela)
- Brief Directions: This area is now closed to tresspassing. North of Mamalahoa Hwy, East of town of Waimea, looking South.
- Notes: Living in Hawaii for 26 years, I like to make photographs that don't look like Hawaii for a change. Mauna Kea is 14,000 ft and often gets snow in Winter. There are important telescopes atop the summit. I like the layers of this image especially the green verdant pu'us or cinder cones in middle ground and all the horizontal earthly elements:sky,snow,mountain,
low clouds, vally floor with cinder cones, forest, and water.
- Best Season: Winter
- Gear: Permission to access this particular area (unlikely).
This Photo Has Been Viewed 554 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!