- Title: Laniakea Honu
- State/Province/Region: Hawaii
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Laniakea Beach
- Nearest Town: Haleiwa
- Brief Directions: On Oahu's North Shore, heading north from Haleiwa, Laniakea Beach will be on the left hand side before you get to Waimea Bay.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: On a recent Sunday afternoon drive along the North Shore, I stopped in at Laniakea Beach (locally nicknamed “Turtle Beach”) and found this beautiful honu on the reef. She wandered around, snacking on the bright green algae and seaweed, until she was facing into the sun, with the sweep of Laniakea Beach in the distance, and a wave breaking on the reef behind her.
- Gear: Nikon D200 with a Nikkor 18-200mm lens.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 903 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!