Rainbow Over The Waimea Canyon
- Title: Rainbow Over The Waimea Canyon
- State/Province/Region: Hawaii
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: West coast of Kauai
- Nearest Town: Waimea
- Brief Directions: Drive north from Waimea on the west coast of Kauai on Rte 550 through the Waimea Canyon State Park.
- Description: The Waimea Canyon cuts through the center of Kauai with a paved road coursing along its rim. After the tour buses have left, and sunset is near, the steep rock walls are thrown into sharp relief. The eons of erosion through the layers of volcanic rock look exactly like the red sedimentary sandstone cliffs of the Southwest. The many rain clouds bring many rainbows.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikon 18-200 DX VR lens, Nikon polarizing filterManfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 149 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!