Man Vs. Nature - Ho'okipa Beach Maui
- Title: Man Vs. Nature - Ho'okipa Beach Maui
- State/Province/Region: Hawaii
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Kahulu
- Nearest Town: Piaia
- Brief Directions: South of Kahulu on the Hana Hiway approximately a mile south of Piaia.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Ho'opka Beach is a world reknowned surfing, sail boarding and kite boarding location for both amateur and professionals. While visiting Maui several years ago....the winds on Maui were ferocious which encouraged me to visit this beach.
There was only one sailboarder in the water who was brave enough to even venture from land. I talked with several of the professionals who said it was too dangerous to even go in the water.
- Gear: Canon 30D & Canon 100 - 400 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1061 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!