Selkirk Crest Management Area
- Title: Selkirk Crest Management Area
- State/Province/Region: Idaho
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: US 2/95
- Nearest Town: Sandpoint
- Brief Directions: From Sandpoint, head north on US 2/95 for 10.5 miles, turn west on road 231. Following this road into the National Forest will take you to the border of the management area.
- Notes: The Selkirk Mountains stretch from Idaho well into Canada, but a 29 square mile area called the Selkirk Crest Management Area was set aside to protect the rare woodland caribou. Although the area is not yet designated as wilderness, non-motorized use is enforced within its boundaries. Snow stays late here and trails can be blocked by rushing torrents in spring, so check ahead for trail conditions.
Contact: Idaho Panhandle National Forest, 3815 Schreiber Way. Coeur dâ€™Alene, ID. 83815
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Hiking is steep, so keep it as lightweight as possible. Bring be
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1484 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!