Sawtooth Range Morning Reflection
- Title: Sawtooth Range Morning Reflection
- State/Province/Region: Idaho
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sawtooth Range National Forest
- Nearest Town: Stanley
- Notes: Technical Info. I used a Really Right Stuff Tripod and Head so I could slow down the shutter speed plus a Canon 5D Mark III camera, a Canon 24-70mm f2.8 II USM lens along with a B+W Circular Polarizer.
Photographed at 0.4 sec, f18 and ISO 100. I used Photoshop CS5 for exposure blending and Lightroom 5 for minimal processing focusing on contrast, sharpening and colors.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Stanley Lake with Mt McGown is truly a spectacular area to photograph and explore amongst the Sawtooth Range National Forest in Idaho. It was awesome to be able to camp right along the shoreline and watch the light and weather change from dawn to dusk while the Bald Eagles flew by and fished while the trout were active. Gratefully I had the opportunity to photograph this area and other small lakes near the range for a few days. It was hard to drive away and detach from this incredibly pretty area.
- Gear: Canon 5D MK III, Canon f2.8 24-70 mm II, B+W Circular Polarizer, Really Right Stuff Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 2906 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!