Stormy North Ave Sunset
- Title: Stormy North Ave Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Illinois
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: North Ave Beach
- Nearest Town: Chicago
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: There was a lot of energy in the air on this warm summer afternoon in Chicago. Thunderstorms rolled though the city all day but the clouds broke up just enough at sunset to put some amazing color in the sky. Unfortunately there was a Bears pre-season game on this night and there was gridlock traffic all over the palace. Most of the other good spots to shoot the skyline from were closed so I drove frantically to make it to this spot to make it here before all the color was gone. I ran all the way from the parking lot with just enough time to set up my tripod and camera, snapped 1 photo, and then it started pouring. Walking back to the Jeep was not fun, I was literally soaked by the time I reached the lot, but at least I got this shot...
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 16-35 2.8L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 518 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!