Lights Of A Summer Night
- Title: Lights Of A Summer Night
- State/Province/Region: Illinois
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Weinberg King State Park
- Nearest Town: Augusta
- Brief Directions: Weinberg King is located just east of Augusta Illinois off of Route 101. Because it is so far away from any large towns it is home to the darkest skies in the state.
- Notes: 25 seconds
10 images stacked
- GPS Longitude: -90.900703
- GPS Latitude: 40.240128
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This picture is actually the result of a failed time lapse video. I came to this state park because it has the darkest skies in my state, far away from sources of light pollution. I was attempting to shoot a time lapse of the milky way rising, but the humidity caused my lens to fog over after only 15 minutes. But there were a lot of fireflies flying around in those 15 minutes. I decided to try something different and stack 10 frames of the firefly trails. I only used the lower portion of the frames, so the milky way remained plainly visible.
- Gear: Pentax K-5, Bower 14mm f2.8 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 112 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!