Matthiessen State Park
- Title: Matthiessen State Park
- State/Province/Region: Illinois
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Routes 71 and 178
- Nearest Town: Utica
- Brief Directions: From I-88, exit at Utica (Rte. 178) and go south through the town of Utica and cross the Illinois River. Park entrance approximately 1/2 mile south of Route 71 on Route 178. Second park entrance (river area) approx. 1 mile south of Route 71 on Route 178.
- Notes: There are two areas for Matthiessen S. P. One is the dells area (the main features are deep canyons and waterfalls) and the other is the river area. While spring is the time when the waterfalls are flowing the most, good images can be made in autumn and winter as well at both sites.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Polarizer, warming filter, tripod, and good hiking shoes (trails
This Photo Has Been Viewed 854 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!