Middle Fork State Fish And Wildlife Area
- Title: Middle Fork State Fish And Wildlife Area
- State/Province/Region: Illinois
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: I-74 just west of Danville
- Nearest Town: Danville, IL
- Brief Directions: From I-74, take the Oakwood exit and then go north on New Town Road (CR 900 East). Continue past the signs for Middle Fork and Kikapoo State Park about 6 or 7 miles to the main parking area. The signs are small, so keep your eyes open.
- Notes: Most of the trails are marked equestrian trails, but I have hiked them without any problems. There are cropland, prairie, and forest scenes. Best to camp in the campground so you can be up early for the sunrise, as that is the best opportunty for images.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: Good hiking shoes, tripod, both wide-angle and telephoto lenses
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1201 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!