Raccoon On The Trail
- Title: Raccoon On The Trail
- State/Province/Region: Indiana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hoosier Prairie State Park
- Nearest Town: Highland
- Brief Directions: Indianapolis Boulevard (US41) to Main Street, Main Street East about 1/4 mile past Kennedy Avenue, entrance is on South side of Main.
- Notes: This area does not get a lot of foot traffic but is a great spot in late summer for flowers, in fall for the changing colors. Early morning and late evening after sunset, you will often see deer and other wildlife.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: After seeing the Hummingbird Moth on Tuesday, I went back Wednesday hoping to get more shots of that, no such luck but when I walked down the trail, this little guy was curled up along side the trail, he was quite willing to let me stay there and take photos. Unusual that he didn't back off into the tall grass and flowers. When I came back through, he was curled up in a ball asleep, this is when he realized I was there for this shot.
- Gear: Nikon D700 Tamron 18-270mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 116 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!