Flint Hills Morning Along The Kansas River
- Title: Flint Hills Morning Along The Kansas River
- State/Province/Region: Kansas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Ft Riley
- Nearest Town: Ogden
- Brief Directions: From I-70 take Highway K-18 exit 303. Go north on Highway 18 about 5 miles. Exit at Ogden (KS Highway 114) and turn right on 114. Go a short block to Cimmeron Trail Road (this road is S 32nd Street) and turn right. Go past condos and through the Walnut St. intersection. You will see a sign for a boat ramp and the dirt road swings left into the parking lot for the access. Lat/long = 39.121621, -96.657565
- Notes: Hi Outdoor Photographer,
I have recently published a book through Amazon’s CreateSpace services. Along the Kaw is a book about a recreational and scenic journey down the Kansas River (commonly called the Kaw). Currently, the book is available at the CreateSpace e-store at https://www.createspace.com/4033692 and on the Amazon.com website (search “Along The Kaw”).
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that my book is available to purchase. In the past, I have been a contributing photographer to KANSAS! Magazine. I believe the images in this book would appeal to the photography crowd.
Please let me know if you would like any other information about the book. The jpg. image I submitted is of the front cover. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and my phone number is 816-686-3854. Thank you. Craig Thompson
- GPS Longitude: -96.657565
- GPS Latitude: 39.121621
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: One of my favorite places is in the Flint Hills of Kansas just east of Odgen in Riley County. For many years we have looked to Colorado and Missouri for outdoor recreation opportunities. Recently, the Kansas River (locally known as the Kaw) has become one of the state's more popular waters to paddle and enjoy outdoor recreational activities. There are more boat accesses to the Kansas river and its 173-mile length from Junction City to Kansas City has been designated a National Water Trail by the National Park Service. Overnight float trips are spectacular. My favorite place to photograph on the river is east of Ogden. The reason I like this particular spot is the view from the river of the magnificent Flint Hills.
- Gear: Nikon D90, AF-S Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED, Bogen tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 377 times
, Sun & Sky
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!