Watchin' The Fenceline
- Title: Watchin' The Fenceline
- State/Province/Region: Kansas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Flint Hills of Kansas
- Nearest Town: Alma
- Brief Directions: Alma is located 3 miles south of Interstate-70, in East Central Kansas.
- Notes: The Flint Hills prairie burns occur each spring, during the first couple of weeks in April. It is a magnificent site, one I will never get tired of watching! Weather conditions can vary wildly in Kansas during this time. I've photographed the prairie burns in well below freezing conditions, to temps in the mid 90s. Ranchers will postpone burning if conditions are too windy, wet, or dry. Watch the weather conditions before setting out to photograph the prairie burns!
- Description: 2 cowboys were watching the approaching prairie fire. They were back-burning, which helps to prevent the approaching prairie fire from jumping the road, igniting their neighbors pastures. The cowboys were guarding the fenceline which stood behind me.
- Gear: Canon EOS 20 D, 16-35mmL lens, velbon tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 784 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!