The Road To Silvermine Arch
William Fultz Ii
- Title: The Road To Silvermine Arch
- State/Province/Region: Kentucky
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Slade
- Brief Directions: Take Mountain Parkway to exit 33, Slade Kentucky. Follow state route 15 east to the Koomer Ridge Campground. Enter Campground stay to the right on first intersection, follow road back to looping end. Trailhead is nearby.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: One of the best things about hiking one way trails...if you have to go down it, you know you have to come back up. This little leg burner is located on the Silvermine Arch trail in the Red River Gorge. 80 steps in all and located at the eastern most portion of The Koomer Ridge Campground, the 1 mile trail offers beautiful cliffside views of the surrounding mountains, as well as an unusual arch..
- Gear: Kodak Z812 IS, tripod, wide angle lens, ND filter and Circular Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1007 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!