Red River Gorge Geological Area
- Title: Red River Gorge Geological Area
- State/Province/Region: Kentucky
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: KY 402 Mountain Parkway
- Nearest Town: Slade
- Brief Directions: Get off the Mountain Parkway at the Slade exit (exit 33). from here you can take KY 15 to KY 77 or KY 715 into the Clifty Wilderness Area of the Gorge.
- Notes: Said to have the highest concentration of natural arches east of the Rocky Mountains, the Red River Gorge Geological Area preserves a wide variety of geological, biological, and archaeological interests.
Wildflowers are great in Spring, Autumn brings shades of rust, orange, and yellow.
Daniel Boone National Forest
1700 Bypass Rd.
Winchester, KY. 40391
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Wide angles, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 829 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!